Fixed Blade Knives: A Hunting Must-Have
If you are looking for sturdy knives that can stand up no matter what you put them through, then fixed blade knives are right for you. Fixed blade knives are usually made up of a tough piece of steel that is anchored to a sturdy handle. You can trust these fixed blade knives for difficult jobs like field dressing and piercing your hunt during your camping trip. Fixed blade knives are durable, straight and have a simple construction, which means that they will hold on during any task.
The fact that there is no folding mechanism also means that they will never get stuck and do not need much maintenance. All you need to do is ensure that the blade is sharp enough just before you set out for your adventure trip. Fixed blade knives can be used for diverse purposes and are considered the best choice for both beginner and veteran hunters alike. If you are looking for quality fixed blade knives at discount prices, check out our selection of knives below from some of the top hunting and outdoor knife manufacturers.
We Offer a Huge Variety of Fixed Blade Knives
Before you make a purchase of any hunting or fixed blade knife, it helps to know a little about the different types of fixed blade knives and their uses. Also, it is important to realize that you may need several different types of fixed blade knives when preparing for any hunting or camping trip.
The primary categories of fixed blade knives we offer include:
- Bowie Knives: These are considered to be the most popular fixed blade knives in the United States and have been in existence for centuries. These heavy-duty knives are excellent for cutting twigs and sticks as you make your way through the wild.
- Tactical Knives: These are usually very subtle-looking knives that feature a straight and sleek design. These multipurpose fixed blade knives come in handy for a variety of purposes on a hunt. They can also be used for self-defense.
- Hunting Knives: These types of fixed blade knives are primarily used by hunters, nature lovers, and fishermen. They can be further categorized into standard, fillet, and boning fixed blade knives.
- Throwing Knives: Using throwing knives accurately typically requires quite a bit of practice and expertise. However, to the experienced individual, these prove very useful when making a small kill without making any sound. The tapered metal handle of these fixed blade knives makes it easy to throw them with accuracy and precision.
Fixed Blade Knife Handle Options
The handles of fixed blade knives can be made of a variety of materials. Each of these options offers different advantages. Some common handle materials include:
- Metal: Steel and aluminum are the most popular metals used. These are very affordable, and can withstand weathering and scratching to a great degree.
- Plastic, Rubber, and Polymer: These types of handles can come in hard as well as soft consistencies. Because these handles are made from man-made rubber or plastics, they are typically resistant to most extreme conditions.
- Carbon: These handles are extremely tough and light. They offer high resistance to scratching and breaking and last very long.
- Natural Materials: If style is what matters to you, fixed blade knives with handles made of natural materials such as wood, bone, or leather are a great choice. They get a weathered look with use, which most people love. However, these materials are often not as strong as other materials.
Buy Discount Fixed Blade Knives from The Hunting and Fishing Connection
When you shop at The Hunting and Fishing Connection, you do not have to search many different places and stores to find the fixed blade knives that suit you best. We offer a huge selection with over 25 brands and hundreds of styles all available at discount prices. Browse through our online catalogue of fixed blade knives to choose yours today.